ModCloth Nail Klub: Dresses Challenge

23:33

Hello Lovely!

I was recently emailed by Amy, a ModStylist from ModCloth to take part in a nail art challenge. I thought of it as an opportunity to paint my nails again. 

I will admit that I have zero talent for nail art and drawing in general, so don't hit me with a rock. I'm aware that I'm not that great, but I will work on my nail art. 


I was asked to create a design on my nails inspired by one of the ModCloth dresses. 
I chose the "As We Rehearsed Dress" because I think that it looks classy and cute. Classy because it's black and white, and cute because of the lace detailing coming across the top part of the dress.

 This is my nail design. I painted my nails white as a base just like the dress. Then l used black nail polish to draw dots, blobs, and tiny flowers across my nail in a diagonal. I only did the design on my ring finger as an accent nail. Then I sealed my design with a clear coat. 

 I used these two polishes from Essie in Licorice and Blanc.

If you use black nail polish and you don't have a dotting tool (like me,) be resourceful and use the end of a bobby pin!

 Another alternative that is great for creating nail designs in this little tube from Claire's. You could also get nail art pens or stripers at the drugstore!




This bottle is awesome because it's a two in one: a pen and striper. 

If you're not that great at nail art (like me) you can always get nail stampers or nail wraps!


Look through ModCloth's Dress category and let me know in the comments which dress caught your attention!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Total Page Views

Visit my Facebook Page

Followers